- Most commonly clients can experience a slight reddening or local swelling within the treated area. This usually disappears in 2-3 hours.
- On rarer occasions, clients can experience itching, blistering or even bruising, or skin may appear lighter or darker. These effects are always temporary and the skin returns to normal within a few weeks.
- Be rest assured that we are the experts in laser hair removal and employ only the safest and most advanced techniques to reduce the severity of any adverse reactions and discomfort during treatment.
Are there any side effects?
Is laser effective for male hair removal?
- Of course! In fact, around 50% of our clients are male, many of whom are keen cyclists and sports professionals.
- We commonly use laser to remove hair from the back, chest, legs and arms.
How long does laser treatment take?
- The Canedela GentleLase Pro is designed to treat unwanted hair more effectively and faster than ever before.
- Depending on the size of the area being treated, sessions can take as little as 15 minutes.
How many treatment sessions will I need?
- On average, most people will require a minimum of 6 treatment sessions.
- Multiple treatments are required because the laser’s beam is attracted to the pigment in hair and only works when hair is in an ‘active’ growth phase.
- Follicles that do not contain hair (i.e. from waxing) or are in a different growth phase will not be destroyed. Thus, several treatments are required to go through the full hair growth cycle.
- There are other factors than can affect treatment success. For example, dark or tanned skin may require more treatments than usual.
- Fast growing facial hair and fine body hair can often require more treatments, and in some cases, ongoing maintenance.
- Generally, after each session, most people see a continued reduction in the amount of hair that regrows in the treatment area.
- Be rest assured that you will receive a personalised laser treatment plan that is specific to your skin type, condition and hair removal needs.
What kind of results can I expect?
By the end of your treatment you should expect to see a dramatic and long-term reduction in your treated hair’s density and thickness.