An even and glowing complexion is something we all desire, especially as we age and our years in the sun begin to catch up with us. At Laser Skin Solutions, we can help you reduce the appearance of sun spots, skin pigmentation and age spots by using laser pigmentation removal treatment, resulting in a fresher and younger looking you.
Pigmentation refers to the darkened areas or spots on our skin that tend to increase or become more pronounced as we get older. Some people might experience skin pigmentation as freckles or sun spots, others as larger blotches, known as melasma. Pigmentation on face and other areas can be triggered by a number of factors in men and women, including:
- Sun exposure- The sun in Australia is particularly fierce and will often leave its mark on our skin in the shape of sun spots and freckles.
- Trauma from an injury– In some cases, injured or damaged skin will leave behind a discoloured surface.
- Hormonal activity– Women are generally more affected. Hormonal changes during puberty, pregnancy and menopause can all cause pigmentation on the face.
We treat many types of skin pigmentation, including:
- Freckle removal
- Sun spots / age spots
- Melasma / Chloasma
- General skin discolouration
We welcome you to a free no-obligation consultation with one of our expert dermal clinicians before your treatment begins. This is your opportunity to discuss all your skin concerns and discover what treatment, or combination of treatments, is right for you. Our expert laser clinicians will also undertake a thorough skin assessment, taking into account things like:
- Skin type
- Cause of your skin discolouration
- Desired outcome
The Canedela GentleLase Pro is designed to treat the widest range of skin tones, more effectively and faster than ever before. The Candela GentleLase Pro is a Class Four medical-grade laser, approved by the Australian Department of Health and Ageing and the Therapeutic Goods Administration.
Operated by our expert laser clinicians, the Candela GentleLase Pro:
- Targets hair follicles, skin legions, blemishes and sun spots at the cellular level while preserving the surrounding skin.
- Uses a patented Dynamic Cooling Device™ (DCD™), which helps ensure that treatments are both comfortable and effective.
While your specific needs and skin condition will be discussed during your consultation, there are some general precautions we recommend all clients should take before and after commencing laser pigmentation removal or similar treatments like laser freckle removal: