Acne is a common skin disorder that results in blackheads, whiteheads and pimples occurring on the face and other areas of the body. Although acne is commonly experienced by adolescents, it can affect people of all ages due to factors such as genetics and hormone activity. Keep on reading and learn more about the condition and how we can help treat it.
I didn’t Think that my Acne Would Leave Scars. How did this Happen?
While acne sometimes clears up on its own, some cases can lead to scarring. This scarring is typically caused by acne cysts that destroy skin tissue and leave behind indentations after the cysts empty. Scarring may also have occurred if you’ve popped or squeezed your pimples.
Is there a Treatment for Removing Acne Scars?
Yes, there are several acne scar treatment options that can remove acne scars. These include:
- Laser Treatment for Acne Scars – Laser acne scar treatment is very effective when it comes to minimising the appearance of acne scars. It’s also safe, non-invasive and affordable, making it an ideal option for most acne scarring sufferers.
- Microneedling – Skin needling, or Microneedling, involves the use of a special skin needling device to create hundreds of micro-injuries in the skin. This works to naturally stimulate collagen and elastin production, smoothing acne scars as the skin heals.
- Punch excision – Surgical punch excision for acne scarring is typically reserved for deep scars such as ice pick scars. It’s a more invasive treatment than other acne scar removal
At Laser Skin Solutions, we recommended laser treatment for most cases of acne scarring due to its safety and high efficiency.
What should I do After the Laser Treatment?
After undergoing a laser treatment for acne scars, you may experience some slight swelling and redness of the skin in the treated area. If any discomfort is experienced, you should apply a cold compress and wash the skin with cold water. We also recommend applying moisturiser and avoiding sun exposure in the days following your laser treatment.
How can I Prevent Acne Scars from Forming?
This is a very common question we get asked. Fortunately, there are several steps you can take to reduce the chances of acne scars developing:
- Treat acne as soon as possible. Scarring is greatly decreased when acne is properly controlled.
- Avoid squeezing or picking at pimples. This can cause further inflammation and injury, leading to scarring.
- Wash your face regularly. This helps to reduce the build-up of oil and dead skin that can lead to acne pimples and cysts.
Where can I Find More Information about Acne Scar Treatment?
If you’d like to find out more about the available acne scar removal options, including laser treatment for acne scars, contact Laser Skin Solutions today. We can answer any questions you might have and help you determine which acne scar treatment may be best for you.